Brighten your day by dipping into the Happy Days Bowl.
- A large, plastic bowl
- Brightly colored slips of paper
- Colored markers
- Think of some ideas for the Happy Days Bowl. The ideas can be for things to do or about things that make people happy. Some examples include:
- A note or greeting
--greetings and good wishes in another language
--lyrics from a favorite song
--a funny poem
--a pun or a joke
- Fun things to do
--listen to a certain song
--read a favorite book
--play with a pet
--hug a favorite stuffed animal
--take a day trip to some place special
- Reminders of special days
--a fun family event
--a wonderful trip you took
--the time you met a special person
--a great surprise
- Write your ideas on small slips of paper and put them in the bowl. When you are looking for something to do, or for a happy thought, dip into the Happy Days Bowl for great ideas.
- Keep blank slips of paper and a pencil close to the bowl so you can add happy things to it.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.