Recycle egg cartons by using them to plant seedlings in.
- Two different kinds of seeds (bean, tomato, etc.)
- Plant soil
- Plastic spoons
- Egg cartons
- Remove the top from an egg carton. Then fill each pocket in the egg carton with soil.
- Plant one kind of seed in six of the soil-filled pockets and another kind of seed in the remaining six pockets.
- Place the egg carton in a location where there is plenty of light, and water the seeds regularly.
- Make a chart to track the weekly growth of each plant. Record differences and similarities in growth between the two kinds of plants.
- If possible, plant your seedlings outdoors or in larger containers when they outgrow the egg carton.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 2003 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.