Turn a dull wastebasket into a treasure.
- Leftover bits of wrapping paper, wallpaper, old greeting cards, old magazines
- Rubber cement
- Small plastic wastebasket
- Decoupage varnish
- Sponge brush
- Choose a theme for your wastebasket, such as sports or animals. Sort through the magazines, greeting cards, etc. to find pictures, patterns, and colors you like that fit your theme.
- Cut out the pictures in a variety of shapes and sizes and glue them to the wastebasket, arranging them like a collage with the edges overlapping and no blank spaces showing between pictures.
- After the cement has dried completely, apply one coat of varnish. Allow varnish to dry overnight and then apply a second coat of varnish.
- Decoupage a medium-sized cardboard or plastic box to create a recycling bin. Label the bin for paper, glass, or aluminum materials.
- Decoupage a small plastic or cardboard cup, such as a yogurt cup to create a pencil holder.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.