Have some bubble fun in the sun!
- Colorless, odorless dish liquid
- Karo syrup
- A big, plastic bowl
- A measuring cup
- Wooden spoon
- A shallow baking pan
- Thin, flexible wire, or similar materials to make bubble frames
- Find a flat place to work outside. Mix together 2 cups of dish washing liquid, 3/4 cup of Karo syrup, and 6 cups of water. Stir it well.
- Pour this mixture into the shallow baking dish about 2-inches deep.
- Bend pieces of the wire into different shapes, such as squares, hearts, etc. Gently drag the wire shapes through the bubble mix. Blow on the film of bubble mix in the frame.
- Try making irregular shapes and have someone guess the shapes.
- Have a contest to see who can make the biggest bubble.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.