Have fun with the numbers 1-10.
- Large, light-colored construction paper (11 pieces for each book)
- Crayons, colored pencils, or colored markers
- Yarn or a stapler
- Write the number 1 on the bottom or top of a piece of construction paper. Be sure to leave plenty of room to draw a picture. Do the same for the numbers 2-10.
- For each page, draw a number of objects that match the number on the page. For example, for the page labeled number 9, you might draw 9 triangles.
- Make a lively and fun cover for your book. Include a title and a colorful drawing.
- Assemble the pages into a big book with yarn or staples. Then share it with friends and relatives.
- Make a big book for the numerals 1-20.
- Make a book that includes fun things that start with the same sound as the numeral on each page. For example, "one wacky wig," "two tiny turtles," "three terrible toads," etc.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.