Decorate your windows with beautiful butterflies!
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Butterfly outline (print one for each person)
- A sheet of waxed paper, cut about 2 inches larger than the butterfly outline
- Liquid starch
- Tear colored tissue into different 3 inch shapes.
- Place the sheet of waxed paper over the butterfly outline.
- Use the liquid starch to paint tissue pieces onto the waxed paper, filling in the outline of the butterfly with a mosaic of different colors.
- Add one or two more layers of tissue and allow to dry overnight.
- Cut out the butterfly, following the outline on the underlying paper, and then slowly peel off the waxed paper.
- Tape the butterfly to the window and let the sun shine through!
- Make "stained-glass" objects in other shapes, such as flowers, animals, and trees to give your window a beautiful spring look.
- Give your stained-glass works of art as gifts to friends and family members.
Parents' Place |
Home Activity Center
Education Place |
Copyright © 1998 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.