- Features of the eTeacher's Edition
- Supported browsers
- Understanding error messages
- Bookmarking pages
- Additional tips
- Contacting Technical Support
1. Features of the eTeacher's Edition
The eTeacher's Edition includes the following special features:
- on-screen pages that look exactly as they appear in print, viewable in a range of sizes
- clickable, easy-to-navigate buttons and menus that allow the user to move easily to any part of the book
- thousands of activity pages that can be viewed or printed--with or without their answers displayed
- access to all of the student pages, also viewable with or without their answers displayed
- on-screen help with directions describing how to use the eTeacher's Edition
- accessibility to all material from any computer with a connection to the Internet
- secure, password-protected content
The eTeacher's Edition has been tested
and is supported on the browsers listed below. All of these browser are widely
available on the Internet, and may be downloaded at no charge. You may experience
difficulties using the eTeacher's Edition on unsupported browsers.
For OS 8: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher
For OS 9: Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Netscape® 7.0
For OS X: Netscape 7.1 or Safari
Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6, Netscape 7
Note: Testing the eTeacher's Edition on Internet Explorer 5.x on OS X resulted in intermittent errors that were not reproducible on other browsers. Since Microsoft has ceased development of this browser, we do not expect these issues will be addressed in the future. Therefore, we recommend Safari or Netscape for OS X users.
You may use the following links to download the latest version of a supported browser:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
. Understanding error messages
- Cookies: Cookies must be enabled
in your browser in order for the eTeacher's Edition to function properly. If cookies
are disabled, you will receive a message to this effect when you attempt to
open the eTeacher's Edition. If you are unsure about how to enable cookies in your browser,
consult your browser's Help feature. If your browser does not support cookies,
please try using one of the eTeacher's Edition's supported browsers.
to this effect when you attempt to open the eTeacher's Edition. If you are unsure about
- Style sheets: Style sheets must be enabled
in order for the eTeacher's Edition to function properly. If style sheets are disabled,
you will receive a message to this effect when you attempt to open the eTeacher's Edition.
If you are unsure about how to enable style sheets in your browser, consult
your browser's Help feature. If your browser does not support style sheets,
we recommend using a supported browser.
. Bookmarking pages
You may wish to bookmark your eTeacher's Edition's "launch" page (the screen which shows the cover of your math book). By selecting this bookmarked page, you can access the eTeacher's Edition directly, without the need to navigate through additional Web pages.
Bookmarking individual pages of the eTeacher's Edition is not recommended, as it may create unexpected behavior on some browsers.
- If printable resources (such
as Chapter Tests) take more then one page to print, you may need to adjust your
printer's settings for margin or image size. Your Web browser may also provide
for shrinking the printable page.
- If a page does not load
properly, use previous and next buttons to reload the page.
- Disable your browser's
pop-up blocking feature or any third-party pop-up blocking software that may
be running. It may prevent the eTeacher's Edition from opening new windows for
items selected from the Resources menu.
Please contact Technical Support. Before doing so, please gather the following information:
- The name of the program: Houghton Mifflin Math eTeacher's Edition
- Any technical information you know about your computer, such as its operating system, amount of RAM, and the type of the Web browser you use
- A brief description of the problem, including any error message
Houghton Mifflin K-8 Technical Support can be reached at 1-800-758-6762. Support is available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST). You may also reach Technical Support via e-mail at techsupportK8@hmco.com.