Each student creates a map, a map key, and a map index of a favorite room.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- crayons or markers
What to Do
- Draw a map of your favorite room.
- Make a symbol for each thing.
- Draw a grid over your map.
- Give your map a title.
- Make a key and an index for your map.
Write Questions to Go With Your Map!
- See if others can read your map and answer the questions.
- Discuss how a grid helps you find places or things on a map.