Students examine the state of the earth's natural resources and identify ways natural resources are protected and threatened, managed and mismanaged.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- magazine or newspaper
- world map
What to Do
- Collect headlines about the earth's natural resources.
- Find the location of each story on the map.
- Pin a string from the location on the map to the headline.
- Give your map a title.
- Identify ways the earth's resources are protected and threatened.
- Describe efforts to manage natural resources in your community.