Made in the U.S.A.
Students identify goods the United States produces and trades, then
locate major manufacturing centers in the United States.
You can use an Assessment Rubric
to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
What to Do
- Map of the United States
- Paper clips
- Push pins
- Index cards
Share Your Map with Others!
- Find the manufacturer's label on different products made in the U.S.A.
- Record where each product is made.
- Locate each city on the map.
- Pin a string from your home to the company's city.
- Hang a symbol for each product on its string.
- Give your map a title.
- Discuss regional interdependence and economic links.
- Discuss how we depend on people far away.
- Identify some products shipped from your town to other towns.
Education Place | Site Index
Copyright © 1997-2002 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.