Children will create a classroom mural to help learn one another's names.
What You Need
- butcher paper
- pushpins or stapler
- glue or tape
- crayons, colored pencils, or markers
What to Do
- Take an individual headshot of each child in the class.
- Cut butcher paper to fit the bulletin board.
- Paste pictures of the children on the butcher paper, leaving enough room for the children to draw their bodies below their headshots.
- Have the children draw their bodies underneath their pictures.
- Invite the children to write their names below their portraits. Help if necessary.
- As part of the daily routine, have the children chant “Look at” and then the name of each child, as you all point to his or her picture. End the chant by having everyone say, “Look at us!” as they stretch their arms open wide.