Government Action Time Lines
Students create a time line to chart news coverage of a government action.
You can use an Assessment Rubric to assess students' mastery of the objectives.
What You Need
- Magazines or newspapers
What to Do
- Select a news story about legislation or another government action.
- Collect headlines and pictures about the story. Try to include all the steps that the action goes through.
- Make a time line that covers the time of the story. Match each headline to a point on the time line.
- Write questions to go with your time line.
- See if others can read your time line and answer your questions. Discuss the benefits of telling a story with a time line.
Education Place | Site Index
Copyright © 1997-2002 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.