Christmas Tree Decoration
Students will create Christmas wall decorations.
What You Need
- Christmas Tree (PDF file)
- construction paper
- uncooked pasta
- markers or crayons
- hole punch
- string or yarn
What to Do
- Explain to students that they are going to make Christmas tree wall hangings to decorate for Christmas.
- Give each student a Christmas Tree worksheet. Have students cut out the Christmas tree and glue it in the middle of a piece of construction paper.
- Have students fill in the Christmas tree shape with glue. Then have them put pasta on the glue.
- Have students write “Merry Christmas” below the Christmas tree.
- When the glue dries, punch a hole at the top of each decoration. Have students thread yarn or string through the hole to make a loop for hanging.
- If you like, you can color the pasta before students make their wall decorations. Add food coloring and two tablespoons of vinegar to a cup of water to make the dye. Soak the pasta for about half an hour. Let it dry overnight on newspaper covered with wax paper.