Students will create butterflies that will look like stained glass when hung on windows.
What You Need
- tissue paper in many colors
- one copy per student or group of students of an outline of a butterfly, about 6" x 8"
- wax paper, cut about 2" larger than the butterfly outline
- liquid starch
- paint brushes
What to Do
- Tear colored tissue paper into differently shaped three-inch pieces.
- Place wax paper over the butterfly outline.
- Use the liquid starch to adhere tissue pieces onto the wax paper, filling in the outline of the butterfly with a mosaic of different colors.
- Add one or two more layers of tissue paper and allow them to dry overnight.
- Cut out the butterfly, following the outline on the underlying paper, and then slowly peel off the wax paper.
- Tape the butterflies to the window and let the sun shine through!