Think about the things you might do on a real trip. You can do some of the same things for
your armchair travels. Here are some ideas to get you on your way!
- Create and write postcards home to friends.
- Design a T-shirt from the place you visited.
- Draw picture to create a photo album of the people and places you've seen. Copy the scenery
from travel brochures or reference books.
- Keep a journal that tells what you did each day.
- Create a remembrance album with brochures, menus, ticket stubs, maps, and anything else
- Create a "video" of places you've been. Make a series of drawings of
sites you visited.
- Make a calendar for next year. Each month can have a different illustration of an
interesting local feature.
- Decorate a mug or other surface as a souvenir.
- Write a story (or a poem) about something that happened to you.
- Write a travel column for your local paper, describing your trip.
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom,
provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1997 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.