Social Studies/Art Activity
What better way to have children share information about themselves than
to make trading cards.
WHAT YOU NEED
- An index card or some oak tag
- A ruler
- A photograph of each child
WHAT TO DO
- Have each child measure and cut an index or oak tag card 2 1/2 inches
by 3 1/2 inches.
- Each child should paste his or her photograph on one side of the card.
- Have children write information about themselves on the back. A
sample is shown below.
- Have children decorate the cards. Then laminate the cards or cover
them with clear contact paper.
- Have children share their cards with one
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom,
provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1997 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.