The Rhyme Gallery
In this activity, children choose their favorite rhymes and make pictures to create a Rhyme Gallery.
WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT TO DO
- Mi libro de rimas y canciones or other books with traditional rhymes
- Construction paper
- Markers or crayons
- Begin a discussion on rhymes and songs. Ask children what are their favorite rhymes and songs. You may wish to read books about this theme (such as Mi libro de rimas y canciones) so that children are exposed to a variety of rhymes and songs.
- Tell students to choose their favorite rhymes and songs. Make a list of these titles.
- Distribute the construction paper and the markers or crayons. Ask children to choose one of the rhymes or songs from the list and make a picture to represent their selection.
- Display the completed pictures in the Rhyme Gallery. You may wish to reproduce the text of the rhymes and songs and display them next to the pictures.
- Invite other classes to visit the Rhyme Gallery. Make invitations with children.
- Record some songs with children and display the recording in an area of the gallery.
Activity Search |
Reading Center |
Math Center |
Social Studies Center
Education Place |
You may download, print and make copies of this page for use in your classroom,
provided that you include the copyright notice shown below on all such copies.
Copyright © 1997 Houghton Mifflin Company. All Rights Reserved.